Privacy and Security
Why do we collect your information?
We collect your information only to carry out our business and deliver products and services for you.
We will not use, sell or disclose your information for any other purpose without your consent unless the law requires us to. We do not disclose your information to third party recipients.
Generally, we will collect information from you for such things as:
- providing tax and accounting services, see our Terms and Conditions
- billing and verifying your account
- identifying your needs
- offering promotions
- improving, maintaining and managing our business operations
- meeting legal requirements
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you. Depending on the type of business we are doing with you, personal information includes your:
- mailing address
- email address
- phone number
- financial information such as bank details
- profession, occupation, job title or role
We try to ensure that your information is accurate and up to date. Please tell us if you believe otherwise.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect information through our website’s online enquiry form, cookies and the normal course of service delivery, like when you:
- email us
- phone us
- supply us financial information
What are cookies?
- the type of browser and operating system you use
- your server’s IP address
- the previous site you visited
- the pages you access on our site
- the information you download
We, or our service providers, may compile and analyse statistical data we collect to improve our services. The data is de-identified so you are anonymous.
Although most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you may reset your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally. Most browsers offer instructions on how to do so in the ‘Help’ section of the toolbar.
What direct marketing do we do?
We might send you marketing communications to tell you about:
- any new products or services
- other information or something we think will interest you.
With any direct marketing material, we will also include unsubscribe links to opt out of receiving it. You will still get other communications from us about doing business with you.
How do we keep your information secure?
We use generally accepted technology and security to hold and protect your information from unauthorised access, use, modification and disclosure by security mechanisms. This includes physical, network and computer security. We restrict access to people who legitimately need it as part of their responsibilities, including:
We take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your information when it’s no longer needed.
How can you access your information?
Contact us in writing, with proof of your identity, to access, update or delete your information. We’ll reply to your request in reasonable time. But we may charge a fee to retrieve your information.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your information only for the reasons we tell you when we collect it or as this policy outlines. Exceptions are where:
- you consent to it being used for another purpose
- the law authorises or requires the intended use
- it directly relates to the original reason for it being collected
- it is not practicable to get your consent for the intended use, in which case we will de-identify it first.
How do we store your information?
We store your information in New Zealand:
- on a secure computer storage facility
- in printed records.
We do not store credit card details on our website.
Please contact us if you have any questions about this policy or how we use your personal information or if you want to report a breach of this policy.